Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sept 24 Mon-Wed Pieces

Sept 24 Mon-Wed
Sept 24 Mon-Wed,
originally uploaded by pati b.
I needed a bit of a break from complexity so decided to work with a few scraps I couldn't bring myself to throw away. The piece on the left uses the last piece of any size from the tesserae I used for the hexagon box a couple of weeks ago. The reverse is made from a texture plate I handcarved for the purpose.
The piece on the left was an "accident" of sorts...I carved the texture plate and when I impressed it, liked it well enough to make a stand alone pendant. The reverse uses the same plate. The bail is wrapped clay as are the toggle beads. First time I've done that. Won't be the last. The matte bronze was mixed from green black and gold Premo.

No comments:

Post a Comment