Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Oh Julius ... You've been a Long Time Coming ...

On Sunday, I completed the first painting I had done in about 3 years, and the first cat painting in perhaps 4.  It's not that I lost my love of or fascination with cats, it's that living with eight has given me a bit of that "Coals to Newcastle " syndrome.

So without further adieu, here is Oh, Julius a composite of six creamsicle-marmalade-gingers I have known over the past 25.  Three lived or are living with our son, two with us and one a darling rescue from New York who it seems, half the social networking country fell in love with.  

The painting is 5 x 7 inches, his eyes follow you, and he is very sweet.  I will keep him for a time as a talisman which I hope will encourage me to get back to painting on a regular basis, but may do a limited number full-sized prints on canvas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment