Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Last Days of January

The Last Veneer.  Jan 30
It is unlikely I will finish working with this veneer before month's end, but it's a start.  Premo Ultramarine Blue conditioned to Atlas #5, then drawn with small stylus in a Klimt-inspired way until I spotted a pangolin.  So without getting to specific, since this will, after all, be cut into much smaller pieces, I went with the sea.  Once drawn I used my finger to blot in silver, using Liquitex Heavy Body Iridescent Silver.  This metallic family is my favorite: Gold, Silver, Copper and Bronze.  
Jan 31   Acrylics finger-painted on.  Liquitex silver and gold.  Diox. Purple, Cad Red Light, plus Cobalt,  Yellow Green and Turquoise metallics.    Initially I had planned a more controlled application, but as soon as I saw pangolin and some fish, I started to go left brain and that is not what I want. 


No comments:

Post a Comment