Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Micro Mosaic Pendant, Southwest. Mexican Hat, Utah. Unisex. Wearable Art.

 
  It isn't that I haven't been working, it's that I'm out of synch with myself.   Since that annoying hip replacement thing a year ago ....   

This is a pendant I made in 2009 and have never offered before.  I have a number of these pieces that I learned a lot from.  It isn't that I don't need them or love them any longer, but it is time to move on and I'm running out of space. 

It is currently in my Etsy shop  "Pati Bannister" ...

It was inspired by my love of the Southwest, more specifically the area around Mexican Hat in Utah. 

The pendant is polymer clay and slightly trapezoidal in shape. It is a tiny bit under 1 1/2 inches wide at the top and an equally small bit under 1 3/4 inches wide at the bottom. It is 2 3/4 inches long including the bail. Two coordinated beads, also polymer clay, finish the toggle closing. It is 18-19 inches long, not including the pendant length. 

I made four small batches of marbleized color, the channels were extruded and each piece was placed on the cured backing before curing.   



Comments and questions welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment