Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Three Maidens Polymer Clay Pendant

Three Maidens Southwest Pendant Necklace.


This is one of my personal favorites, and has never been offered before. I've enjoyed their company.

The pendant is made of polymer clay as are the beads at the toggle clasp. The ivory colored beads are, if I remember correctly, bone -- not plastic and definitely NOT ivory. O-rings figure into the design elements as well.

The pendant itself is 1 3/4 inches wide, 2 3/16 inches long. Overall length approximately 21 inches plus pendant drop.   The pendant is mostly translucent clay "overbaked" which brings up that lovely sienna color and causes imperfections or moons.  For my purposes the development of imperfection is desirable.  A thin layer of textured clay was added then carved with the maidens, the bezel made of black clay, the reverse carved with my mark.  Glazing/antiquing applied for contrast.


Currently, the pendant is available.


No comments:

Post a Comment